In Due Time: Everything Will Fall

TimeClock

The most dangerous thing in the universe is nothing more than a man made illusion: Time.

Time kills everything, every single person will fall victim to time, every living creature on this planet will too. Every planet, every sun, every galaxy will fall in time. And there is nothing we can do about it. Even if we were all completely healthy, time would still find the end to our lives.

I was over at my grandparents house, watching TV, and a quit-smoking commercial came on saying, "...if you don't quit smoking, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!!" What a completely idiotic statement!! It doesn't matter if you smoke or not, you're going to die anyway!! I could quit smoking today and get into a car accident tomorrow!!

 

I heard another commercial claim that every cigarette you smoke, it takes 11 minutes off of your life. Now how did they come up with that number? I calculate that every time I smoke a cigarette, it takes 5 minutes off of my life......because that's about how long it takes for me to smoke it!!

 

You don't know when or how you're going to die. There's only one thing you do know, or at least you SHOULD know if you haven't come to the realization. It's that you ARE going to DIE, PERIOD. Whether you smoke or not.

 

Another thing that pisses me off is reading a headline that the Pentagon was proposing to ban smoking from the Armed Forces, and they claim that smoking and PTSD somehow correlate. WHAT IDIOTS!! Of course they correlate, because smoking cigarettes helps reduce stress!! And if someone was in a horrible situation that they will never forget, they will need a cigarette to help retain their sanity!! If smoking was banned from the armed forces, not only does that take away freedoms that they are and should be entitled to, it would also push them into a corner of alcoholism, more so than many of them already are!! I'd like to see a majority of the people spend over two years in Iraq and come back perfect!! And I don't mean spending the time at the different FOB Retentions!! Soldiers, you know what I'm talking about.

 

Furthermore, how can anyone ridicule someone more for smoking, than eating a Big Mac and Fries. Not only is diabetes AS dangerous as smoking, it's also as certain that you're going to get it, unless you run everyday, or have an abnormally high metabolism.

 

At the same time, what's the point of living, if you don't enjoy life anyway? Is the point of living, to live? Should I be walking on egg shells my entire life? Should I just lock myself into my room and never leave? Should we all?

 

I'm not going to walk on egg shells, nor am I going to lock myself in my closet. At the same time I will wear my seatbelt and not live my life recklessly. That's not the point of this blog. I just want the people who read this blog, to walk away realizing that one day, they are going to die and I hope you live your life in a manner that pleases you.



These are my beliefs, thoughts, and opinions.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that someday we will all die from something. I believe that God has a plan and no matter what we do with our lives it is not in our control. God already has a plan for every single one of us. And as our lives unfold it is always a mystery as to what we are supposed to do with ourselves. Many things are not for us to decide. So no matter whether we smoke or do other things that our surroundings don't always accept, it is what we feel destined to do. And sometimes it seems as though we are not in control and the only thing that you can rely on is our faith.


Banner